Job Readiness Series
These training modules are designed to prepare new youth workers with the basic skills and understanding to work with children and youth.
Training Modules (2 hours each):
- New Youth Worker Core Competencies
- Building a Classroom Community
- Beyond Behavior Guidance
- Classroom Management 101
Appropriate for staff with limited direct experience with children and youth.
For more information and to schedule the Job Readiness training series, contact Hannah Davidman at email@example.com or 510-444-4622 x110.
This 4 part series will help participants gain a common understanding of the problem, costs and roles of bullying, as well as equip participants with strategies to prevent and intervene when bullying happens. Schedule the training in a series or in two half-day sessions. We'll set you up with the same trainer for all sessions to allow for a fluid learning experience for your staff.
Training Modules (2 hours each):
- Understanding the Problem of Bullying
- Understanding the Costs and Roles of Bullying
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Strategies for Adults
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Strategies for Children and Youth
For more information and to schedule the Bullying Prevention training series, contact Hannah Davidman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-444-4622 x110.
Strengthen the ability of staff to deliver high-quality, comprehensive programming that meets the needs of EL children and youth. This series includes 3 training modules, plus 10 program booklets per module that includes strategies and tools for staff to implement in the program.
Training Modules (4 hours each):
- Knowing English Learners (4 hrs) + 10 program booklets
- Linkage to the School Day (4 hrs) + 10 program booklets
- Healthy Cultural Identities and Engaging EL Families (4 hrs) + 10 program booklets
*Data taken from California Department of Education website: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ds/sd/cb/cefelfacts.asp
For more information and to schedule the English Learner Support series, contact Selena Levy at email@example.com or 510-444-4622 x108.
Are you ready for summer? Prepare your program and staff now with elements of high-quality programs and tools aligned with the National Summer Learning Association. Staff will learn and practice strategies to intentionally plan, train, assess, and reflect to create comprehensive, high-quality summer programs.
- Tools for Effective Summer Programs, Part 1 (4 hrs)
- Tools for Effective Summer Programs, Part 2 (3 hrs)
For more information and to bring the Summer TA Network Project to your program, contact Selena Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-444-4622 x108.
NPASS is one of the largest and most comprehensive professional development programs for science in afterschool. This package includes 3 training workshops for your program staff and 1 on-site observation of your NPASS program in action. Your staff will experience the hands-on STEM activities through the lense of the learner while discussing and examining inquiry-based facilitation techniques, classroom management and science content standards.
- 3 STEM Activity Trainings (3 hours each)
- 3 STEM kits - curriculum handbooks and materials for 20-25 children and youth
- 1 on-site observation of your NPASS program in action and TA session
For more information and to schedule NPASS trainings, contact Selena Levy at email@example.com or 510-444-4622 x108.
The Restorative Practices training series offers out-of-school time professionals the knowledge, skills, and strategies to create program environments where children and youth create a community of respect and caring, and are able to effectively work through conflict.
In this 4-part series, program leadership and front line staff will explore foundational principles, proactive strategies, intervention techniques, and restorative community practices. Training topics must be requested in the full 4-module series.
Training Modules (3 hours each):
- 3.7.1 Restorative Practices: Foundational Principles to Establish an Ethos of Peace and Justice
- 3.7.2 Restorative Practices: Strategies for Conflict Prevention
- 3.7.3 Restorative Practices: Strategies for Conflict Intervention and De-escalation
- 3.7.4 Restorative Practices: Strategies to Restore Relationships and Community After Conflict
This training series was developed in partnership with Be the Change Consulting with generous funding from The California Endowment, and draws upon research and best practices of restorative justice and positive youth development.